
Elli will often fall asleep in random places on the floor. What a mean mom I am to not just put her in her crib when she is acting tired. I love this picture because she has her eyes covered like she knew I was going to get the camera out.

I should have wiped her nose before I took the picture but I didn't so don't look too close. :) She has been such a good sport with having the NG tube. She has gained over three pounds and has only pulled it out 3 times in the month and a half that we have had it. I honestly think the tube is harder on me than it is on her. It breaks my heart when we are out in public and people stare at her wondering what is wrong. A few brave people stop to ask me why she has a tube coming out of her nose. The most common assumption is that it must be an oxygen tub. Why would an oxygen tube dangle down her back with nothing attached, and why would it go in only one nostril? Hmmm.... So from what the doctor has told me I think we will be sporting the tube until February so I might as well just embrace the whole experience of it all. She is doing gpretty well with her feeding therapy which we go to once a week. In some ways I think therapy is funny because Elli really doesn't even know what is going on. They make her take a bite of food and then give her a reward when she does it. She has caught on that this is what happens but then when we get home and I try to do the same game she isn't into it at all. Oh, well she will eventually eat. I wish I had the same problem of not wanting to eat. :)

This is what happens when you give your kid a ziploc bag with fruit loops in it while you are in the car. The bag looked like a gerbil had got ahold of it and knawed it apart. Mushy fruit loops were everywhere!
6 comments:
I am glad the tube is working and that she is gaining some weight! Hopefully it will continue to help. Mushy fruit loops doesn't sound too good tho...
I can't believe how long her hair is! She's gorgeous as always. Mmmm, that nap looks nice...I'm getting sleepy.
I saw the red dots on her face and thought that she had caught the chicken pocks or something. Great to hear they were just fruit loops. I can't believe what a cute girl she is. You guys are both being good troopers.
Jenny, You are such a good mom! Elliana is beautiful and she is lucky to have parents that love her so much! Hope all is well. Keep in touch!
Hi Jenny!!! I'm so glad that you guys came over tonight, and I am glad I found your blog!! You will have to send me your email address so I can add you to my blog (veronica.marroquin@gmail.com). You guys are so sweet and we look forward to getting together more often!! See you Sunday!! - Veronica Marroquin
PS - I was looking through your blog, and I saw a picture of your mom, and we use to be in her ward!! Galveston 3rd ward!! =)
she's so sweet! love the fruit loops picture! can't wait for those days!
Post a Comment