Thursday, September 10, 2009

Labor Day...

So, we officially had a day of labor. While the rest of you were having BBQ's and whatever else, we were at the hospital having our sweet little girl. We are so happy to have our newest addition, Brinlyn Anne who has been such a delight. She weighed 7 lbs 4 oz and 21 inches long. I was actually induced so we knew what we were in for and it all went wonderfully. They gave me pitocin at 11:30am and she was born just a little over 4 hours later. It was SO easy! I didn't have any pain because I got the epidural shortly after the pitocin before my contractions even started. It doesn't seem right to have a baby and not have any pain, but it was awesome. We are doing great except for the lack of sleep we are all getting. Elliana is happy to have a sister but she is a little jealous as would be expected. She doesn't really pay much attention to Brinlyn which is better the opposite problem where the older sibling wants to hurt the new baby.


The hospital wouldn't let anyone under the age of 12 into patient rooms so we were sad Elli wasn't abel to come and see her new sister at the hospital. This picture is when she came home and saw Brinlyn for the first time. She wanted to point out all her body parts...nose, lips, eyes, etc.
The hospital gave of this cute little knit hat and we just love it.

She loves pacifiers just as much as Elliana and that makes me so happy!


I always post pictures in the backwards order...So, this is right after Brinlyn was born. This hospital was awesome and we had the most amazing nurse. I loved the whole experience!



17 comments:

Unknown said...

yippee for good labors and enjoyable experiences!! it really does make it so nice. i'm so happy for you and your family! what a pretty baby! can't wait to see more pictures. been thinking of you lots and hope things keep going well. love you girl! wish i could snuggle miss brinlyn!

Anonymous said...

cute cute cute!! hope you are recovering well!!

Schmitz Family said...

hello long long neighbor!! so happy for you guys.. been waiting for this post!! what a beautiful baby and name! i want to come visit and see her. Elli is so big and cute and we miss her and you guys! xo

Sherri said...

She is beautiful and you look great! Wish I could come and hold her. Glad it was a good experience, especially for an induction. Keep posting the pictures. We love to see them.

The Binghams said...

Yay I'm so glad everything went good for you. She is a cutie and I love the name! Congrats!

Veronica said...

Ahh Jenny she looks sooo adorable!! I am so glad your labor went so well. We can't wait to meet her and if Elle needs some "personal" attention we would be more than happy to volunteer to take her to the park or something. =)

Kelsey said...

Jenny! NO ONE looks this good after having a baby! You look amazing! Brinlyn is a cutie! Congratulations to you guys!

Hilary said...

Cute pics, Jen. I especially like the one of Elli and Brinlyn. Wish I could be there with you. Hey, I posted TWO blogs today...check it out, if you haven't already... Love you, sista. Hil

The Brown Family said...

congrats! She is so cute and you look way too pretty to have just had a baby. So glad to hear things went well. Enjoy having two...sisters are so much fun!

Paige said...

Congratulations! I am jeolous, we still haven't had ours yet. Hopefully soon though. She is a beautiful baby.

Anonymous said...

Congrats! She is so sweet and i love her name:) Glad that everyone is happy and healthy and that your delivery went soo well.

Beth said...

Congratulations, on such and adorable little girl! We think of you often.

Will & Amy said...

Congrats!!! What a sweet little girl!

Adam said...

Congrats!!!

Emily said...

I am sooo glad things went so well. I can't think of a better labor story, really. Yeah! And Brinlyn is absolutely adorable. Congratulations and way to go!

Karen said...

What a beautiful, sweet family you are--inside and out. As we all know, Grandma's know best, and your girls are just the cutest!

Jessica said...

Congratulations!