Monday, October 5, 2009

Keeping Busy...

Since having Brinlyn I have tried to come up with fun things for Elliana to do. Life with two is definitely much more challenging than it was with one, well duh, right?!? Anyway, last week I went with my mom to the Phoenix Zoo. They have a petting zoo with a bunch of goats. I am not much of an animal lover, but it looks like Elli might have inherited the recessive gene. :) The weather is getting so nice here so the zoo was a lot of fun.
Elli testing out the swing. I figure she weighs as much as a lot of infants who use swings so hey, if it makes her happy go for it. Brinlyn just likes to be held so she isn't getting much use out of it. If anyone has any advice on how to make a fussy baby happy, other than holding them all the time, let me know. :)

Every week I take Elli to the library storytime and she loves it. They sing songs, read books, blow bubbles and play with toys. When I tell her we are going to the library she starts singing the hokey pokey. "Put one arm in and shake it", is what she calls it. This is a picture of Elli with her friend Layfe sitting on a bench reading books together.


Elliana absolutely loves playing dress up (thanks grandma for the fun clothes). A lot of times I can't get her to take off the gear before going to the store or to bed. This day she was fully decked out for her nap time. I think the rubber glove on one hand cracks me up the most, or maybe the microphone next to her. Yes, my kid takes her naps in our messy bed a lot. You do what you have to to survive.

Here is another classic of Elli dressing up. She has the pirates eye patch on, princess shoes, a purse, the one rubber glove and a fan. She cracks me up.




2 comments:

The Brown Family said...

Holly and Elli would have so much fun together! Holly always walks around with random things on. Little girls crack me up. I would love to see the girls sometime when you are settled. Travis is 13 months and finally walking! Two is fun but yes, much busier! Hope all is well with you guys.

Emily said...

That last picture of Elli cracks me up!!!! Yes, I love sleeping babies. If only they would sleep longer and more predictably, right? I'm so glad you made it to the zoo. Thanks so much for posting!