
At the beginning of the month, right before we were suppose to go on our trip to San Diego, Elliana's GI doctor called and said he wanted to have us come in for a visit. I was thinking he was going to tell us that we needed to schedule for her to have an endoscopy, but nope, I was wrong. I was shocked when the doctor told me that he wanted to admit Elliana to the hospital. I asked him for how many hours and his response was, "a whole week!" Yikes! I was not prepared to hear that. I convinced him to let us wait until the following week so that we could still go on our trip we had planned to San Diego. He agreed and thankfully we had a fun weekend before the long FIVE days! The reason for admitting here to the hospital for those of you who haven't been updated on our medical saga with Elli, was to get a bunch of testing done. Normally you have to spread them all out and you drive all over the place, this way we could get it done and quick all in the hospital. Once we got checked in, they put a NG tube, (feeding tube) down her nose into her stomach. It was no fun to see her go through all this, but overall she did amazing! She is such a trooper. She had a lot of fun pushing her little IV pole around in the halls. All the nurses got to know her really well because we were roaming the halls most every day.

My mom came down everyday to spend time with Elli, which of course helped me a ton. Karen came down and spoiled Elli with some fun toys from all the aunts, my friends came and played and so did Matt, Lindsay and their kids. We are so blessed to have such great friends and family! Thanks for all your love and support during all this!

Nate and I slept at the hospital and wow, what an experience that was. The rooms are double occupancy so you have a roommate of which you don't know...kind of awkward if you ask me. The first few nights we got to be roommates with someone we knew from church which was awesome. The next night we had a little 3 month old roommate. Overall it was good, just a little crazy. Nate went to work everyday and then after work drove straight to the hospital. It was a crazy week! All in all, Elliana is one healthy kid that is just skinny! We will have the feeding tube in for at least a month and then we will see how things go from there.
1 comment:
I love you guys! You are so awesome and I wish I could have been down there with you. Me and Matt send our love. Tell Elli we say hi.
Post a Comment