Saturday, June 27, 2009

The dreaded day...

Living in Arizona you hear lots of stories about scorpions. I have never missed pest control treatment on our house in hopes that I would always have an exterior wall set up so no scorpion intruder could enter my safe and cozy house. Well, the dreaded day came yesterday morning. I figure this is journal worthy since I have lived in Arizona for five years now and have never had a scorpion in my house. So, I got up early in the morning while Nate was out playing basketball to make some dessert I had to bring to a baby shower later in the day. Elli was still sleeping, thankfully. I put the dessert in oven and left the room while it was baking. I came back to the timer beeping and to my shock I looked down and saw what looked kind of like a piece of lint or fuzz string or something. I got down closer and saw this...the picture I took. I was shaking now and ran for a shoe. I grabbed Elli's little shoe so I could make sure I had complete control in the efforts to kill. As I slammed the shoe down, the tail whipped up I'm sure in an attempt to sting me and it just made me more mad. I went to town on it and then left it there on the floor for Nate to dispose of once he was home from his lovely morning. I text messaged him right away because I was still shaking. I also called my mom and vented my frustration. I hope I never see one of those nasty buggers ever again! Oh, and this picture doesn't really give any justice to how nasty they are.

6 comments:

Veronica said...

Ahhh I hate those things!!!!! We have had several since we moved here and it hasn't even been a year yet! We have only had one in the house so far. I'm glad Elli wasn't around. Go Jenny!!

Unknown said...

Hey Jenny! I didn't know you had a blog! I saw your link on Kristy's and I am sad to see the post I came to was this one :(. We went 6 years before seeing a scorpion and then moved into my new house which was seriously infested--yuck!!! We have control of them now (thankfully.) I hate those tihngs, so ugly and gross.

I also noticed your sis had her baby girl--yeah!! So fun.

If you want, check out our blog: theroperfam.blogspot.com. I'll check back on yours as often as I can.

--Jen Roper

Janelle said...

Jenny I can only picture you whacking away at the scorpion! Funny! The weird thing is I have lived in AZ for 25 years and this is the first year I have ever had a scorpion in the house. We had one too last week and I am too chicken to kill it so I put a cup over it and waited for Brent to get home to do the dirty deed! :)

Beth said...

Jenny, unfortunately scorpins were sent to haunt us! I always prayed that they would get me and not the kids. I was lucky that this is what happened until they got older. I am like you in that I take out my frustration of seeing them and squash 'em. They learn quickly that I am merciless. Clorax with them in a jar is great! Tell you extermator you found one and to put granules heavier in your yard and stuff in your window tracks and doorways. Also to put dust in you attic.
Aunt Beth

Anonymous said...

aaawwwwhhhh!! My biggest fear is scorpions and that sucker is HUGE!! We sprinkle diatomaceous earth around the outside of our house, by the doorways and garage. You can get it at a pool supply store or Lowe's. It has tiny pieces of glass in it so when the bugs eat it, it ripes up their insides and they die! I know pretty gross but its' supposed to work with scorpions! I'm proud that you killed it because i would make ross come home from work to kill it...haha!!

The Mullenaux Family said...

LOL. MX Pest would've kept that sucka out!