Friday, December 30, 2011

Christmas Festivities...Christmas Eve

This Christmas season was so much fun with the ages of our girls. My friend, Kristi, had the cute idea to open one Christmas book each day as a count down to Christmas. I tried it this year and the girls LOVED it. I can't wait to do it again next year. For Christmas Eve this year we went to our good friends the Erin and Jimmy's house for an evening of fun. We started out with a delicious meal with all the good stuff you could imagine. Something new to us but ever so tasty was brisket--a fun Texas tradition. Erin had her house decorated so cute. On the tables she had bells for everyone, which the kids loved, and little die cuts of stockings and gingerbread men. The kids colored on those and enjoyed just being with all the other kiddos. Embarrassing moment for us...Elli and her potty mouth incident. So, probably because her own mother thinks bathroom jokes are funny, I think Elli has learned some bad habits. We are always telling her that she can't say certain words unless she is in the bathroom. Anyway, we were all enjoying our food and the kids were at the kids table just cracking up. I was happy to hear such a great sound. I listened for a moment to try and figure out what they were laughing at and this is what I heard from Elli, "I drew a bum-bum on my gingerbread man". Oh, great! Sure enough she had put two circles on the back of her gingerbread man and was entertaining all the kids with that. Just lovely! Anyway, out night consisted of dinner, followed by gingerbread houses for the kids, and a fun program which included the nativity, activities and songs. It was a great night! Brinlyn was way into the gingerbread house thing and took it pretty seriously. It was surprising.
Elli taking a break from her decorating to eat some candy and say, "cheese".
One of my family traditions is to take a picture in front of the tree on Christmas Eve. So, here you have it...our best effort. :)
I'm sure anyone with kids can agree that getting the perfect picture is for sure impossible! Oh well, we will keep trying.

No comments: