Monday, April 14, 2008

The Battle Wound...


If any of you have had to take your baby to get blood work drawn, then you can totally understand the drama. I had to take Elliana last week to get blood work done to check her thyroid. Wow, was this ever a treat. They had me holding her so she couldn't move and the other two technicans held her arm and did the poking and proding around. Elli looked up at me with the most sad face and it broke my heart. She definitely has me wrapped around her finger. She did great considering what she had to go through and then it was embarrassing to walk through the waiting area because I swear every eye was on us. I guess people have never heard a baby cry?!?! The results came back and she has a milk allergy! So fun. She as to get repeat blood work in two weeks. Yeah! If anyone wants to take her for the experience, let me know. :)

1 comment:

Kristy Martin said...

AHH! It is the worst huh! Kamryn had to get an IV at like 18 months,and after all the effort to get it in....SHE RIPPED it OUT! And they had to do it again, and this time they literally STRAPPED her to the table in the ER. Then wrapped it like a cast after....(only good thing was I stepped out for a sec and missed it all! My mom and BRian had to endure it!) Fun times....glad you're getting closer to the solution for her!