Tuesday, April 8, 2008

The Doctor's Visit Update


I took Elliana to the doctor today for her 9 month check-up and here is what we discovered. She has had these red cheeks and a rash all over her body for the last couple days. I asked about it and she said, "She probably has 5th disease". What? I had never heard of such a thing. Well, supposedly this is a common childhood illness that just has to run it's course. It really isn't bad other than just having red cheeks and a rash. Nice! So seriously, check out those cheeks! The doctor is still concerned that she is so skinny. I try and try to beef the girl up but I have simply not succeeded. She is 16 pounds (7th percentile) and 29 inches (70th percentile). Her head is still clearly off the charts! Which speaking of, we had a helmet consult the other day and we are still trying to decide if we should put her in the helmet. They told us they couldn't really change much so who knows. I have to take her to get blood work done to make sure everything is good. I tell ya, this parenting stuff can sure be crazy!

7 comments:

Kelsey said...

Oh the stress!! It's always such a guessing game to know exactly what to do. Plus, you have to make decisions about stuff you have no idea about! Haha, I hear ya! You are such a good mom though Jenny! I have to say that I think Elliana is one lucky girl!!

Anonymous said...

Hey girl. She is so precious. Brayden had 5ths and it took about a two weeks to go away. Strange stuff. My girls were always in the 5th-10th percent in weight, but they all caught up at about 18 months. Don't stress over it! :-) You guys look so happy. So fun to check how you all are doing. Love ya!

The Mullenaux Family said...

Tillman was in like the 5th percentile for his weight, so no worries right? Of course, he's pretty short, so it doesn't look like he's as skinny as he is. :) Need to feed her more chunky monkey ice cream!

Steven and Cyndi

Schmitz Family said...

Oh I hate the rashes! So confusing! She is still so cute with her rosy red cheeks though!! Hey, what is your email address? So I can add you to my blog :)

Unknown said...

gotta love all those childhood illnesses/diseases. i think she is cute all skinny - i love it. and hey, mitchel wasn't even on the chart until like his 3rd or 4th bday! and he's totally normal now. i thought the head thing was going to go away on its own when she was a few years old? i hate some parenting decisions, like how do we know what to do ? :) and sometimes i am not so sure the dr. knows either !!! that is alwyas so comforting!!!

i miss you.

Hilary said...

Hey, Jen. We've had Fifth's Disease, too. Carter had it really bad, all over! It just goes away, believe it or not. Hang in there, sis. Love you. Hil

DJ, Angie, Amelia and Bryson said...

Cute blog, it is so nice to be able to see how you are all doing. Elliana is a cutie, and that video of her giggling was hilarious. Amelia giggles, but not like that! So fun. If you don't know, we have a blog too. Just click on our names.