Sunday, December 25, 2011

Thanksgiving Imu

So, there is a few more steps to the process of cooking your turkey in an imu but the finished result is awesome! We opened up the foil and all the meat was off the bones. We didn't even need to cut a single piece. It was amazing how moist it was and how easy it was to prepare. Yum!
This is the second step of the imu process. They put banana leaves down on the hot rocks and then place all the meat on top. It sure smells lovely down there.
This is the first step of the imu process which I know nothing about. I guess they get the rocks real hot at this point.
This is Brinlyn dressed up in a "build a bear" skirt. Ya, my children are tiny but man, I didn't think I would be able to actually velcro a build a bear skirt on my two year old! She does have a little hang over though...

1 comment:

Kristine said...

You guys sound like your having fun. Thanks for posting all of those pictures. I love seeing my cutie neices. Aren't parent visits the best!!!!!