Mother's Day just keeps getting better and better each year. The older the kids get the more into holidays they get and Mother's Day was no exception. Elli must have heard or seen a show that talked about serving breakfast in bed so that is what she wanted to do for Mother's Day this year. Nate helped the kids make scones (I gave him the recipe which was super simple), and chocolate chip heart shaped pancakes (leftover from the day before). The kids were SO excited to get to serve me their creation. It was priceless to just see how happy they were. They also made some butterflies with egg cartons, thanks to a creative dad. They picked me out some gum and a sweet card and made me feel very loved and special. I love my sweet little kiddos and can't imagine life without them. What did I ever do?!!?
Now, as far as the scones go, Nate is still trying to figure out how to follow a recipe. I have spoiled him for 6 years now and he likes to claim he doesn't cook. Well, the scones were tasty but did look a little funny as clumps of dough. I came into the kitchen afterwards to make another batch just to show him how its really done and decided to take a picture. The top triangle shapes scones were mine and the clumps of dough were Nate's. Too funny. I sure love that guy for the many nice things he does and I guess I can excuse him from the kitchen. :)


No comments:
Post a Comment