Saturday, August 11, 2012

Pat Tillman Run 4/21/2012

 We were lucky to be able to run the Pat Tillman race this year (we halfway planned our visit so we could run it).  It has been a fun race that Nate and I have run in every year since we have been married!  This was our sixth Tillman run.  I was completely out of shape and it was painful but I did it!  Nate ran awesome and placed 28th our of over 30,000 runners.  He is crazy fast and I was super proud.  I placed in the 29,000! :)
 Cyndi Mullenaux and I have tried to run the race together a few times and this year was no exception.  I love that girl!  She has so much energy and if it wasn't for her I probably would not have finished the race.  Nothing like trying to run 4.2 miles after not running for several months.
 Hopefully Bennett will find joy in running like his dad and have the ability like him and not his mama!
The girls stayed with grandma while we ran the race.  Grandma Karen had to come out to our house at some wicked early hour like before 5:00.  Bennett came for the run and did great rockin' it out in the double jogger with Cyndi's little girl, Lilly.

No comments: