Elli and I were working on an assignment she got through preschool when she said something that cracked me up. The directions told her to draw whatever she wanted on the paper. She spent about five minutes coloring things while I went about doing something in the kitchen. When she was done I asked her to tell me about the picture. She had drawn a person with brown hair, a duck and something else (I can't remember what).
"This is a picture of President Eyring. I love the prophet. He teaches me about Jesus. I want to be an artist one day and give all my books away to people. Aloha, I'm Elli Johnson and I'm an artist!".
I could not even write the last part I was laughing to hard. So, to give some background on this, Elli loves to watch this video clips at lds.org showing children across the world. They are titled "One in a Million". They show a quick video of what the kid enjoys doing and how they are involved in church. At the end of the clip the child will say something like, "I'm (their name) and I'm one in a million". Elli took her spin on that!
She keeps us laughing. I wish I could remember to record more of what she says. She is such a joy to have around.
1 comment:
Ha, ha, ha. That is awesome. She is sooo clever.
Post a Comment