Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Brinlyn turns 3!


 For Brinlyn's actual birthday we did a cake, opened some presents and sang "Happy Birthday".  The girls decorated the cake with all sorts of random toys and of course she picked pink and purple for the frosting colors.  I had to leave for my Maui trip that afternoon so dad carried out the birthday celebration.
 As much as I don't like Chuckie Cheese, it makes for the easiest birthday party ever!  Brinlyn has been talking about doing her party there for months so she was super excited when the day finally arrived.  She picked a few close friends and off we went to the kids dream world.


 Brinlyn asked for a butterfly cake and considering I got home at 1:00 am the night before, this was my best attempt.  She picked pink and purple again for this cake but the purple turned to blue.  Not sure it if is from the humidity here or what but she ended up with a pink and blue butterfly.

 Brinlyn was not a fan of Chuckie himself this time around.  This is when the gang is singing to her and she is making sure she doesn't make eye contact with Chuckie.
 Bennett was giving high fives and everything, which I guess you can't tell from this picture.  He was a fan!

What a day!  Exhausted he fell asleep in the stroller, holding the lighter.  I usually wouldn't give my kid something like this to play with but he was mad and that's what I had.  It did the trick!



No comments: