Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Emu

Now that we have lived in Hawaii for three Thanksgivings, I think I can officially say I prefer to make the turkey in the emu.  Who wouldn't want to save themselves 10 hours baking a turkey?  It's so simple..buy your turkey.  Take out the nasty stuff inside the cavity.  Wash it off.  Rub some seasonings on it.  Wrap it is some seriously strong foil.  Drop it off at the emu at 5:00pm.  Pick it up the next morning at 8:00am.  Pretty simple?!?  The turkey falls off the bones and is super moist.  Yum!  It really stinks (no pun intended) when your turkey spills over in the car when you make your first turn after picking it up.  Just for anyone who wants to know, it smells like dead animal in your car for a few months!!  We tried it all and spent hours trying to get that nasty smell out.  Fun memories now...

No comments: